Hi ladies, hope you're all well and are all coping with the January blues (although it's nearly February now - sorry it's been a while since I last posted!) I know it's a little late but I thought I'd do a sort of round-up post of a few of my favourite products throughout 2012. I was originally going to list everything that I'd come across and enjoyed (including haircare, skincare etc) but figured we'd be here all day, so I thought I'd just feature my favourite make-up items instead for now (not all items mentioned are pictured as these photos were taken while I was at home over Christmas - I left a lot of my make-up at Uni!)
- GOSH Velvet Touch Foundation Primer. This has been my go-to primer for over a year now. It makes my skin feel so soft and prepares it perfectly for my make-up. It helps my foundation last longer and costs a reasonable £12.99.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Foundation. I'm not quite as in love with this as I am with the original Double Wear foundation as it doesn't last quite as long on the skin, but it's perfect for if you're in a rush - the tiniest amount covers all my imperfections in a matter of seconds so I have no need for concealer. The packaging is also much more convenient, too. Read my full review here.
- Max Factor Facefinity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 Foundation. I'm usually a bit of a snob when it comes to foundations so I wasn't expecting much when I first tried a sample of this, but I was pleasantly surprised. It's by far the best High Street foundation I've come across. It's perfect for covering any imperfections, lasts ages on the skin and at £11.99 is almost half the price of the majority of high end products. The only con I find with this foundation is that the colour range is a bit rubbish, but apart from that it's perfect for when I'm on a budget. I'm planning on reviewing it properly in a separate post very soon.
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. This seems to be everyones favourite concealer but it's a bit of a no-brainer as to why - it's fantastic for covering blemishes and costs a purse-friendly price of £4.19.
- NARS Laguna Bronzer. (Not pictured) When I bought Laguna back in May I was thought it wouldn't be worth the hype due to it costing the best part of thirty quid, but thankfully I fell in love with it. It gives the perfect subtle glow to any skin tone without making you appear orange or muddy. The only bad thing about Laguna is when I've used it up I want to repurchase it straight away, which I can't always do due to the fact I'm a poor student (hence why it's not pictured!) Read my full review here.
- Real Techniques Brushes. If you're still yet to try the RT brushes then I urge you to go out and buy one to try - they're fantastic. I currently own the Expert Face brush, Stippling brush, Powder brush and Blush brush and they're all perfect for applying my make-up every day. They're super soft, don't shed and much cheaper than any from the MAC collection. Read my review on the Stippling brush here.
- Urban Decay Naked Palette. Another blogger's favourite which definitely deserves all the attention it receives. With this palette you can create any look, night or day, and although it seems a little steep at £36 it's definitely worth it considering a single UB eyeshadow costs around £13 each.
- Sleek Brow Kit. I've used nothing but this to shape my brows for almost a year now and have mentioned it countless times while blogging. It's great for creating a natural finish and is much cheaper than Benefit's Brow Zing's at £7.99. Read my full review here.
- L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Luminizer Mascara. (Not pictured) L'Oreal has always been my favourite brand when it comes to mascara's and their Volume Million Lashes did not fail to deliver. The mascara is available in three different shades which claim to make the colour of your eyes stand out. I don't really think it enhances my blue eyes but the subtle navy tint is really pretty and the mascara itself makes my lashes appear much longer and thicker without any clumps. I don't currently own Volume Million Lashes at the moment as I'm trying out another mascara, but I'll definitely be repurchasing it after. Read my full review here.
- Soap and Glory Smoulder Kohl Eyeliner. Soap and Glory is one of my favourite Beauty Brands of all time, and when their make-up line was released I was seriously excited to try everything out. Their Smoulder Kohl pencil is the best eye-liner I've ever used (better than any I've purchased from MAC) - it's great for creating a smoky eye and lasts all day on the waterline. It also has a sharpener on the lid which comes in handy.
- Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner. (Not pictured) I'm completely rubbish when it comes to applying liquid eye liner but this is super easy - it looks exactly like a felt tip pen so it takes seconds to create a neat line above my lashes. It's only £2.99, too!
- Sleek Face Contour Kit. Contouring is fantastic for shaping your face and making it appear slimmer. I don't really use the highlighter in this kit but the bronzer is amazing - I use it every day without fail along the hollows of my cheeks to emphasise my cheekbones.
- Soap and Glory Love at First Blush. This is definitely one of my all time favourite blushes - it's the prettiest shade of pink and provides a gorgeous, subtle colour on the apples of your cheeks. I love the retro packaging, too.
- Soap and Glory Glow All Out Luminizing Face Powder. 'Glow All Out' is one of my favourite items in my make-up bag - I literally couldn't be without this product. It's such a stunning highlighter and is great for your brow bone, cheeks and décolletage. I usually skip blush most days and just use this along my cheekbones after contouring. Once I've finished it I'll literally be rushing out to buy another.
- Barry M Lip Gloss in Toffee. I don't wear bold lip colours often so this nude gloss is perfect for me. It's non sticky, tastes great (like banoffee pie) and looks lovely either alone or paired with a subtle lipstick.
- MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Ravishing. (Not pictured) On the rare occasions I do wear colour on my lips I will most likely use Ravishing. It's a really pretty coral shade that looks lovely in the summer paired with a tan. Read my full review here.
- Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in 03. (Not pictured) I love the Kate Moss Rimmel lipstick range and shade 03 is the perfect matte nude - I usually pair it with dark, smoky eyes for a night out. I also love the fact that each tube has Kate's signature on the lid - it makes me feel as if I'm carrying around a personalised lipstick with me (sad, I know). Read my full review here.
What are your favourite beauty discoveries from 2012?